November 16, 2021 Update
With approval from the Vestry, we have adopted the following procedures for worshiping, gathering and doing life together as a church. These procedures reflect updates made on November 16, 2021.
- Masks are highly encouraged while indoors at St. John’s.
- We trust that you will follow CDC recommendations and Diocesan guidelines to best honor yourself and your St. John’s family, especially children under 5 and others who are unable to be vaccinated.
- Communion in both kinds, bread and wine, is now being offered. Please sanitize your hands before approaching stations at the front, especially if you intend to receive the wine by intinction. We are offering the wine by intinction only at this time: after receiving the bread, step to the side to the minister with the chalice and dip your wafer in the wine, avoiding touching the wine with your fingers. If you do not wish to receive the wine, please know that our tradition teaches that Christ cannot be divided and all of the spiritual benefits of Communion are present in the bread alone.
- If you test positive for Covid-19 after being on campus at St. John’s, we ask that you notify our rector Ripp Hardaway or senior warden Ann Amoroso so that we may take the appropriate steps to notify those potentially affected, while respecting your privacy.
- If you are having any symptoms, please help safeguard our shared community by staying home and participating online.